SailNet Community - View Single Post - LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004

amanonmaui is on a distinguished road
LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE

Anne, thanks for the response. I will buy a boat -- probably 38'' to 40.'' If I found a extremly well build and maintained wooden boat, I would consider it but will probably go plastic. Criteria: capable of being singlehanded, reasonable windward ability, good motion in seaway, moderate maintenance requirements, enough sail area for light air, etc. I can spend way too much time on this subject. Probably will buy in the eastern seaboard with immediate goal of Northwest Caribbean, then maybe Europeafter four or five months of fitting out and gaining familiarity with the new boat. My wife and I have been roommates for the past four or five years -- no sexual relations whatsoever. We have tried to stay together until our daughter graduates from H.S. next May. While we get along and are friendly, neither of us want to stay with this situation. We are spending the summer separated, but will maintain the household situation through the school year. If you are still interested, why don''t you e-mail me at addi4300@yahoo.com

As we say in Hawaii, Aloha, Addi

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook