SailNet Community - View Single Post - How lo lower a doghouse profile
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
A couple things that hurt the appearance is that the cove stripe (the white stripe with the arrow head) is level rather than following the sheerline (the curve of the deck.) That makes it look like there is more height between the implied deckline and the top of the cabin. I would suggest experimenting with inexpensive tape to see what looks right but I would look at reworking the cove stripe to more closely follow the sheer and if you add an accent stripe on the cabin side I would also have it loosely follow the sheerline as well.

I also have a boat with a high house. I experimented with dark electrical tape to see whether a stripe or drip-molding would make it look any better. Ultimately, I have decided that when I paint the decks I plan to paint the sides of the cabin off-white and leave the deck on the cabin top bright white bringing the bright white down to just above the fixed portlights.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook