SailNet Community - View Single Post - How lo lower a doghouse profile
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Jeff I agree with the sheer line remark..it was a trend amongst older european deisgns, the objective was to make the bows look bigger, inspiring confidence...I don't like it..Dudour did that a lot and so did Moody.

Michele, one thing you can do is istall a a thin line (mine is sticky vinyl), that starts thicker the the rear of the cabin (not a doghouse, the doghouse is a dodger, or windshield), and as the lines moves forward, it gets thiner. It must run paralel to the deck and not cabin top.

Start with 10 to 15 mm in the rear and finish at 1 mm in the front, 30 to 40 cm before the begining of the cabin in the front.

I also dislike a litle the height of my cabin, which had to be like that so I could walk inside, and have a lot of space above head.

So to compensate and "break" the bulkness, I installed said line.

Look at the photos bellow to see the effect. Mine goes thru the windows..as you can see it makes the cabin look much lower

total cost 10 Euros!!

I think your sheer line is engraved in the hull so without an expensive repair and filling paint, you can't do anything.

Thry the line first, BUT remeber, it must thin as it gets forward.

Alex

Last edited by Giulietta; 01-26-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook