SailNet Community - View Single Post - Suggestions for a stiff boat
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004

newuser is on a distinguished road
Suggestions for a stiff boat

We are looking for some suggestions on buying a new boat. Our experience level would probably fall somewhere around the intermediate level. The use of the boat would be east coast sailing with much of that being Florida and the gulf so shoal draft or centerboards would be important. We would be living aboard at least 6-9 months of the year. Our budget would be around $150,000 maximum. Now for the deal breaker, my partner has a maximum tolerance of about 12 degrees of heeling. Beyond that it becomes very uncomfortable for her. This is an issue that we are working on however our search is to look at the stiffest boats possible that would come the closest to our other needs. I realize that keeping her flat will not always be possible but in an effort towards compromise I am looking for suggestions. We have discussed catamarans and will most likely look in that direction but I am more comfortable with the idea of a monohull. Getting a new sailing partner is not an option. :-) Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook