SailNet Community - View Single Post - Original Helms documentation
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
Wayne:

My boat does have a spinnaker and hardware (except for a spinnaker pole). There's a stainless d-ring loop and block about 2/3's of the way up the front of the mast for the spinpole topping lift. There's also a turning block at the base of the mast and a cam cleat on the coachroof to run the topping lift line back to the cockpit. Then there's a another d-loop on a sliding track (~3') on the front of the mast on the lower 1/3 for attaching the spinpole. Finally, there is a block on each of the stern corners for the spinnaker sheets to be routed to the winches. That's how mine is rigged. Hopefully I'll acquire a spin pole this year and try it out.

I also have a halyard winch on my mast. It's roughly the same size as the sheet winches, though it is of a different make. I do not have the handle for it and therefore do not use it. I've found that both the main and jib are raised fairly easily, though I sometimes wish I had a downhaul for the headsail.

My mast and boom have attachment points for a boomvang, though I don't have the actually vang. You can see the hardware in the picture below (excuse my ratty sails!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook