SailNet Community - View Single Post - Regatta Pointe Marina
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004

dblatnik is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

The last marina I was in had requirements for lines during Hurricane season - 2 stern and bow with minimum sizes for boat sizes. Fail to have them, and the marina would board your boat and add more lines, and charge you.

Also, there were emergency pumps on each dock, with available fuel supplies. These pumps were started at least every other month and fuel checked. The fire hoses checked and replaced every other year. And of course they had 24 hour security with guards that had radios, to call for help if there was trouble.

In other words, they were generally prepared for what came along.

I don''t know if people stuck around during a storm, but I assume they did - just knowing them, and knowing that some of them worked at that marina for 20 years or more.

There is an emergency pump here, but no one knows when it was last started, and there is no fuel supply (the motor is probably solid varnish by now). There are no fire hose, no one ever checks anything....

I don''t think I will be staying past the end of my lease - assuming any marinas have open slips.... Lots of waiting lists suddenly. Hmmm.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook