SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Morris Daysailer
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009

CaptKermie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael201 View Post
I've not been involved in the sailing community/market very long. 5 years to be exact. It's been long enough to know that talking about a Morris would be the same as talking about a RR or other high quality built expensive fine automobiles.

Sailing a Morris, Oyster or such type or driving a Ferrari or RR does not make one a better person. Maybe more fortunate or lucky... not that LUCK has very much to do with success most of the time anyway.
Good luck.
Success is not measured by material possesions either...there are other ways to measure success.
As for LUCK it is the only thing that will get me into a Morris because I am just a poor working stiff. If/when I win the Lotto, a Morris 42 will be in my sights. Morris is a fine yacht, I have been on them during BoatShows and drooled over the thought of owning one, I'll take the RR as an added bonus too. It will not change me as a person, I'll just feel a bit more proud to sail a Morris over my Macgregor.
The Morris 29 is likely targeted at the wealthiest families, something for the kids to learn on. even if I won 185K I would not choose the 29 when there are other options to consider. It is just a rich kids toy. Nice toy though!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook