SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do the birds eat your windex ?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailboy21 View Post
Yes. But the bald eagles finish the job by attempting to perch on it...

BTW: Probably not kosher with a lot of PETA & tree hugger types but I have heard of a guy who knew a guy that had reasonable success shooting birds with airsoft guns. The bald eagles don't stick around when people are present on the boat, but for pigeons it works wonders (doesn't harm them, so I am told). I'm sure they feel guilty about little plastic projectiles in the water so I beleive they limit their work to semi-auto only. They probably figure the plastic pollution this method produces is offset by the decreased use in environmentally unfriendly deck cleaners. Of course this only works if you are a liveaboard or on your boat every day. And, probably not a good idea to use any of the airsoft guns intended to look like real guns... at least for you down south types.
Here's the cure for the plastic projectiles:

Biodegradable airsoft bbs - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook