SailNet Community - View Single Post - What I think of the boats at the Strictly Sail Chicago
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtoo View Post
My thoughts exactly. This was my favorite boat of the show.

First the bad things...

I thought the rig was simplified.... self tacking jib and such... I also didn't like "hiding" the lines in the debris catchers on deck...

The deck hardware was a bit undersized and in general the running rigging needed some upgrades. (Of what I saw).

I thought the Teak Decks in the cockpit looked flimsy and cheap. I don't think it was teak. I wouldn't go for that option.

Wasn't the hull construction epoxy? The displacement was about 18k if I remember correctly. Which is on the heavy side for a 40 footer. I asked about the PHRF and I think they are gonna come in about 120ish. For a 40 footer... eh...

Apparently she doesn't like large chutes ... this according to the rep...

The Good Things...

I thought belowdecks was tremendous. Great Euro-trash Styling with good fit and finish.

The boat had nice lines... Sexy to look at and easy on the eye. Fat A$$ Mmmmmmm

Removable open transom thingy. Why again? Seems like a lot of cost for a removable dock box. Hmmmm Ok.. It did look good removed.

Twin wheels.. but I didn't get a chance to sit at the helm... could be a gimmick.

I wonder what they chose for spars... I saw alot of low end Selden (no offense people) spars out there... I'm guessing Hanse didn't go down that road.

The best feature of this boat? THE PRICE.

$215k sailaway with everything but electronics....

Structurally, I'm interested in hearing Gui's observations...
Displacement approx. 18,519 lbs.
17,417 if you spend the $12K to upgrade to epoxy. Rep we talked to recommended upgrading to epoxy and then upgrading the keel and putting the 1000 lbs down there. PHRF #'s that I saw looked to be around 78. (could be wrong)

A whole lot of boat for the money with a lot more usable space that other 40 footers. Here's a pic I took with my phone of the interior.
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]