SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

for a song & a dance

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  starcresttoo 
#1 ·
for a song & a dance

I looked high and low since 1991 for what is now my 4th boat.After several failed attemts I just gave up.I thought it wouldnt happen.Then one day I picked up "boats for sale" at a small corner store.It fit all my requirements.30 feet fiberglass,aluminum spars(altho it was un stepped)it had an un installed atomic four that I told them to pull out.They wanted 4950.I offered 2000,they said "no" then I said well how
much do you want,this boat is missing too much.It had been neglected for 2 years since the owner died(on board so Im told).They said 3950 and a week later I had boat #4.It was in Merrit Island florida,and one month later,with 3- 6 hp outboards temporarrily transom mounted,I was on my way on a 150 mile trip down the intercoastal waterway to where I live now."HEY ERIC IS THAT YOUR BOAT?NO!!! ITS MY HOUSE!!!!"

#4 ·
for a song & a dance

it is an islander wayfarer 29.(actually 29''9")close enough to 30feet long.built in 1967,had lots of upgrades,but is still a blank canvass tha needs lot of work.basically its a 500 piece puzzle with 300 missing pieces and 200 pieces from other puzzles.sooner or later it will all be put together.

#5 ·
for a song & a dance

I bought this boat in december of 1999.been living onboard totally hassle free ever since .Slowly refurbishing for a long bote ride.I told Arnold "AHHLL BE BOK" but now Im getting other ideas.Im boing to find out iff all this shullbit about the Atlantic is true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.