SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mooring Problems in Paradise HELP!?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
Mooring Problems in Paradise HELP!?

Gord: I''ve got a subscription to WESTLAW and access to Lexis-nexis. I was just looking for any ideas on specific situations that people might be able to direct me to stateside, particularly involving cases that made it to Federal Court as opposed to State Courts. This all revolves around mooring - not anchorage - and a poorly devised and characteristically selectively applied statute. Coral Bay is on the cusp of exploding into abject development-dom. Kicking people off moorings has something to do with development. They''re actually intending to put low income housing in Calabash Boom out beyond Shipwreck Bar (overlooking Johnson Bay). Another plan is that the Moravian Church, based in Antigua, is going to develop the church properties, the ballfield, etc. into condos, hotel, marina, etc. It''d be a good time to catch Coral Bay "the way it used to be," because, as I observed after delivering a 40'' Endeavor to its mooring a couple months ago - "this could quickly turn into a sewer." This governments'' only driving force is self-serving $$. Two ex-legislators are currently under Federal indictment for bribery and theft. It''s truly surreal. VIEXILE
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook