SailNet Community - View Single Post - If you sail Lake Huron, say Hi!
View Single Post
post #30 of Old 02-03-2009
Nice looking cover. I like the fact that the topsides are protected. It certainly cuts down on the spring cleaning. I built a sturdy wooden "shack" over my cockpit for the last few years and covered it and the rest of the deck including some of the topsides with a couple of heavy duty truck tarps from TSC. It works mast up or down... I alternate each year. I built winter campanionway boards out of plywood with a simple grate from Cdn Tire in it to improve ventilation in the winter. (and to allow me to take the teak home for sanding and 6 coats of varnish over the winter.) Next year I think I'll try to arrange the tarps to protect the topsides better. Live and learn.
I think your boat is newer than mine by a long shot and wrapping it as you have should keep it looking good for a long time.

We stopped at Bay Moorings briefly on our Southern GB cruise in 2007. My wife is from Penetang and we know the area fairly well. I was at a wedding at Bay Moorings several years ago. We enjoyed anchoring off Magazine Island during our stay in Penetang and listening to the daily calls on VHF for a tow off the sand shoal on the south side of Beausoliel Island. Many people miss that buoy! Strangely all only power boat needed to call while we were there. Hmmmm.

Dave S
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Catalina 34 - "Good Idea"
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome