SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interior refit
Thread: Interior refit
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009
Retired and happy

Leither is on a distinguished road
I had the pleasure of doing this wonderful task on my little Virgo Voyager in the UK. Pulling the old lining off was horrendously messy. A lot of the foam had deteriorated to the point where it came off as a nasty dust (proper face mask essential), but also lumps of it remained stuck to the fibreglass and were a real pain to remove (heavy sanding required in places). I used contact adhesive (Evo-Stik in the UK which I imagine is similar to that being recommended in this thread). The main problem is the "instant grab" nature of this stuff, once you have coated both surfaces and let them dry to a tacky consistency, which means that you have to get the positioning correct first time. If anyone has an alternative which gives a bit of room for adjustment after the surfaces are in contact, then I would go for that.....

Having said that, the final result looked real good.

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky - I left my shoes and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook