SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Tanzer 22
Thread: My Tanzer 22
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009

SailingFlorida is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThumbs View Post
Uhm, definately copy my thread please. I like these threads. Keep posting.

How is the boat mechanically? Sails, rigging, etc. Is it seaworthy? I am approaching the project from the outside in (mainly to make it sea worthy and pretty first), you from the inside out.

Looks good. Looks like you have good weather there. Have you sailed her?

Eric
Ive never sailed her, in fact ive never sailed. I have read alot of books and I have friends that will teach me. I have owned other power boats and my father in law owns a large offshore boat so ive had plenty exp in the ocean and river. Yes it is nice in Florida, cold today but im sure nothing liek what you guys are dealing with.

The sails are in great shape, the rigging will prob last me a season or two. I have to replace all of the sheets and working on that. The boat bottom needs to and will be repainted, two coats of non ablative red. The boat was abandoned and purchased from a marina to cover past due fees, so I know that she floats. The hull looks to be in good shape with no bubbles or cracks. As of right now Top top could use some paint as well but I think ill get her in the water first.

I want to get her all set up for mooring so that I can learn and enjoy her for a year or two without having to haul her out. So to accomplish this goal I need to get the bottom painted (next project), buy new sheets, add a thru hull for my depth finder, get a VHF radio, rewire the boat, add all new LED lights interior and out, replace my lighted compass, and get a new/used outboard. Not to mention have a marina help me get the keel on and get her in the water.

Im a little torn on weather to get the bare necessity to get her in the water or to do everything that needs to be done first. Seems it would be tough to work on her while at a mooring. I already have my GPS unit ill just need to buy the blue water charts afterwards.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook