SailNet Community - View Single Post - Eyeglasses fall apart
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004

flicker is on a distinguished road
Eyeglasses fall apart

My vision was so bad that, without glasses, the E at the top of the chart was a big black blotch. My wife and I got Lasik and, while my vision is not now as good as hers came out, I can drive without difficulty except at night in a strange area where I have to be able to read small street signs at a distance. I did get a pair of glasses to correct for this but I rarely need to use them.

The reason I got Lasix was in case of a rough abandon ship or MOB in which I would be likely to lose my glasses. One thing that scared me was the thought of being adrift and virtually blind.

I would only recommend, if you are interested in Lasik, that you don''t go for the cheapest buy. My wife and I went to a large international corporation and it went bankrupt before our 1 month follow-up appointments. I had asked the emminent doctor if this was a possibility and I believe he lied about the company''s solvency.

I am very happy with my Lasik results and, though there are no guarantees with any surgery, I would do it again.

Chas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook