SailNet Community - View Single Post - MaxProp or Autoprop?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
I just saw a KIWI prop at the Vancouver boat show. I looked the thing over real good, and it is a good looking unit as far as the machining goes. It was made totally out of stainless parts. To me I like the idea of SIMILAR metals in contact with the brine. It was adjustable, foreward and reverse like the MAX but quite a bit simpler design. I am sure the drag of the KIWI will be higher, due to the design of the foils, and the 3 stops for the blades. The KIWI could be had today in Canadian currency for $1200-1400 for a 18" feathering prop out of solid stainless, with some type of polycarbonate blade? Sorry if the material is wrong (some one is liable to know what it is.) The KIWI is priced good in my point of view, It would cost me only slightly less to make one, and be a PITA with the machines I currently have. I easily could have made a MAX for what they retail. As for the AUTO PROP it was a sleeker design, almost like a stainless MAX taking into consideration who will be putting these things on their boats. People with "X" # of $, willing to give it away to go "Y" faster, and feel "Z" cooler than you in the end! haha

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook