SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wifi
Thread: Wifi
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Glad to hear the Autohelm is working well. I was disappointed to see it go - I should have bought a new wheel mechanism for it, but I didn't think about buying it used - just the $450 price tag that Raymarine wanted for the repair of my unit. As I was walking out of Bacons a few days after Ben and Kristen bought it one of the guys tells me that he would have sold me his wheelpilot for $75! Oh well, live and learn.

We're still stuck in Velcro Beach, but we're ripping ourselves out of here early next week after the Miami boat show.

With regards to the wifi unit working at deck level - any unit will work there, but the higher you raise the antenna the better the signal will be. I've talked to a few people who raise the antenna on a halyard. Port Networks also makes a "portable" unit called the MWB-200 which is meant more for a single computer and is half the price of the 250. I wanted the permanent mount and looked at a bunch of options, and liked this particular unit.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook