SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 445
Thread: Catalina 445
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009

nemier is on a distinguished road
Jesus H.
I'm impressed! Your reply must have taken some time and I appreciate it. Yes, you have answered a lot of my questions and your reply has made me think more about the purchase. Before I go into more of this thread I want to apologize to Soulfinger, when I re-read my post I believe it may have sounded offensive and that truly was never my intention.
FWIW, I'm a Catalina guy. I think once you've owned one, you keep searching for reasons to buy another one, like I'm doing. I still can't figure out why, even when I have literally an entire world of yachts to choose from. I am looking at everything (Honest!) but I keep getting drawn back to a Catalina. I admit, perhaps I need therapy.

Anyway, you're reasoning that 90-odd% of the time is spent on the hook or tied up has helped me the most I guess. Now I can see another reason for the Catalina. I 'm laughing to myself because I know Jeff is shaking his head right now, "Oh no, not another one...." FWIW, I'm looking at Farr's too.
Remember, the Admiral Has to like it or else I'll be doing this thing singlehanded in a 28' Shannon, Alone...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook