SailNet Community - View Single Post - Home brewing kits for yachts???
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009

MacGyverRI is on a distinguished road
I make Wine from concentrate kits, super easy and 2 6 gal. plastic pails is all the room you need. I use a 6 gal Carboy bottle (fermenting) and a pail w/ spigot for racking and bottling.

Shaking it around is normal for making wines, especially when adding Yeast nutrients.

I also play w/ ingredients added to the wines and have made Blueberry Merlot, Cherry Merlot, Cherry Chardonnay, Crenshaw melon. I also make Pistachio Cream Liquor, Walnut Liquor, Cranberry Liquor that I can't make fast enough. The wines must be pretty good since people even want to buy them for $10-15+ a bottle.

Tips;
If you're doing Dry reds, add 5 whole nutmegs broken in 2-4+ pieces along w/ the Oak powder or chips for a better finish.

Chardonnay's? add 2 lbs. golden raw cane sugar ("Sugar in the Raw" is one brand) for a better Buttery finish.

Bootlegger, it's not just a boat name....

If you like my posts, or they were helpful, please click the "scales" icon on top right to add Rep points.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook