SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Water Pump?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  camaraderie 
#1 ·
I need a new water pump! I'm replacing a lot of the old systems on board before we take off cruising in the spring and I want to put in a new water pump, we have two outlets, a third if I decide to hook up the shower. Sink in the head, sink in the galley and shower in the head. I'm not sold on the shower, I think I'll stick to a solar shower.....don't have to worry about the shower sump and don't really like taxing my fresh water supply all that much -- so unless the cost difference is negligible I'd like to stick to a simple pump for two outlets. The pump will be pretty close (within 6 - 8 feet) of both outlets. The original pump moves the water all the way back through to the hot water heater (one of the propane ones that likes to blow boats up) and I'm going to plumb straight to the sinks. Any thoughts on a particular brand that is fairly inexpensive and reliable? I will also be installing a whale gusher foot pump as a backup (might end up using it more than the electric pump while cruising)

Thoughts?

boat is 37 foot Chris Craft Apache

Thanks!
Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.