SailNet Community - View Single Post - Helms 25 Running Rigging Info
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009

jumaggafanny is on a distinguished road
I looked for my old source of Sampson on Ebay and failed to find it. I purchased a 600 spool of Sampson double braid. I made all halyards, Main, Jib, stay'sl, Spinnaker and topping lift. I had over 160 ft left over that I use in a 4:1 tackle that when I hoist to the mast head allows me to hoist my bones aloft. I also use this rig to step my mast. I don't have wire to rope on the lines at all.
I've got dim's for the rudder somewhere, I'll start digging. Chimera's rudder is total custom, balanced w/trim tab so it's of no use to pattern, somewhere I have a drawing of original...I'll look.
Is your boat a pop top model? Does your cockpit drain to forward scuppers that are then routed aft beneath the cockpit?
Have you walked/stepped on the foredeck and coach roof looking for potential soft spots? I know of 2 that have suffered some soft core issues that were repaired. I was suspect of any and all fastners wicking water to core, so I drilled em' all. Of over 200 1" dia. holes I found discolored wood core only beneath the stbd. winch. Improper fastening and bedding will allow water to wick down and destroy the boat in stealth mode.

David
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook