SailNet Community - View Single Post - anyone familiar with these boats?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004

dnr is on a distinguished road
anyone familiar with these boats?

John,
I''m glad you posted a reply. I had searched the archives for references to either of my choices, and saw some of your earlier posts regarding your Hood. Your passion for your boat comes through loud and clear, and I congratulate you for finding a boat that suits you so well. I hope I can fare as well.
Both the Hood and Centurion are difficult to find. I''m not interested in buying something overseas. It is also very difficult to find information on the older models on the internet - there doesn''t appear to be any owner groups.
Most of my experience is on much lighter boats than the Hood, except for the Charter boats. I did like their motion crossing the Gulf Stream to Bimini. My initial preference for the Centurion over the hood was partially based upon their relative displacements - the Centurion is more comparable to the J37 in that regard.
Landlocked as I am, I have already accepted the fact that I''m going to incur some airfare in the next phase. If you would be willing, I would love to visit you for a day to see your Hood first hand. I can post my email address if you want it.

Thanks again for your input.
Doug
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook