SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchoring in Florida
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
One other thing, the day before yesterday one of the "extended Cruisers" came ashore in S. Daytona to Veterans Park and boat ramp, secured his dingy at approx. 9-10am and walked to west marine for whatever etc. upon returning to the launch/park (approx, 1-2pm) to find his dingy gone ! ( the local police came and called the city workers and instructed them to take it away) I had operatives (spies) at the park whom informed me as it was taking place and I spoke w/ the owner of the dingy and urged him to call the police and ask whats up ! He did and as of yesterday I was told that the dingy was going to be returned w/out issue. I have not yet confirmed the return as of this morning ( I'll have to call my fellow water-lurkers for an update).
It seems to be a battle of wills.
who needs daytime TV w/ all this going on !
Seriously though , it is an issue for everyone boating,cruising, as well as those living on the waterfront.
If this is of interest to any of the sailnet comunity I would be happy to start a thread or even a blog where people can go to to post comments and or photos. Or, if not we can all jut stand idle and let other influences determine the fate of anchoring freely and responsibly, after all, those most removed from boating are probably better equiped to make decisions for us ! (note; sarcasm added by poster)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook