SailNet Community - View Single Post - anyone familiar with these boats?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004

JohnDrake is on a distinguished road
anyone familiar with these boats?

Hi Doug

I am glad anything I wrote could be helpful. And please don''t get me wrong, the Centurion is a VERY nice boat and an excellent sailor. I would definately take one...though I wanted shallow draft and have always admired Ted Hood''s work.

You are welcome to see the boat anytime. I will be sailing her until DEC. I am happy to show her off now that I have gotten everything done I wanted to (over three seasons....all the rigging, blocks, new jib cars, all the teak, new dinette of my own design and finally all new canvas in Sunbrella oyster (not BLUE)). Whew! Not to mention having gone over all systems and replaced anything old or aging.

She has been a pleasant boat to work on. Very easy access to everything.

At any rate, please feel free to email me when you plan on being in the area. Navigate40 at yahoo dot com.

And as I said above, there are a lot of good boats, great boats even, in your price range. I hope others will contribute their opinions.

My best to all

John
ps - Stede - great post on second thoughts on the perfect cruising boat - not sure you ever got an answer....I too have the same questions...I keep reading that the ''average'' cruising boat out there is a 45ft CC, but...never SEE any ...out there. See many 30 something aft cockpit sloops.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook