SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cost of Ownership, Bow Thrusters & Bottom Paint
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009

nika44 is on a distinguished road
Our kids are in their 20s and we'll probably not have more than another couple overnight. But we do have guest often. We like to entertain so extra guests for dinner will be common. Both the 393 and the 423 have similar galleys it appears. And the seating seems close to the same. It does not seem hugely different for dining.

I think we will do some of the easy, non mechanical things like waxing and changing oil. I can't imagine replacing a bilge pump or anything like that.

I am curious that you said the 423 will sail better, how so? We are leaning towards the 423 anyway, as this is probably as big as we will go unless we sell our business one day and opt for some long range cruising.

I never had a lazy jack so I am curious as to if that has to be done at the mast and how about with the furled main, can that be done in the cockpit?

How about a generator. Is it necessary on a mooring if you just want some lights and a stereo?

Does anyone know how much the 423 or 393 sold for new in 05 and 06?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook