SailNet Community - View Single Post - Identification Lights & Nav Lights on Sailing Vessels
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boasun View Post
...I know when I had asked about the illusive Cone, apex down, that meant that you were under power with your sails up. And not one of you had one on board....
I've got one on board, although it's not required for a boat our size in the waters we normally cruise.

If I were to add additional nav lights beyond the standard deck level lights, I would not add the mast-top tri-color. Instead I would add the "red-over-green-sailing-machine" lights that I could use in combination with the deck-level lights.

I saw a very nice set of "red-over-green" lights on a larger sailboat in Annapolis. They achieved the "all-round" requirement by having a pair of 180 degree lights on each side of the mast. Unfortunately I did not have my camera handy - you don't see them very often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook