SailNet Community - View Single Post - Health Insurance Question
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004

Stede is on a distinguished road
Health Insurance Question

pirateofcapeann,

I posed a similar question to yours some time ago.If I recall correctly, Jack- aboard "Whoosh" offered some good information on international insurance companies offering lower health insurance rates.You might want to do a search here using the topic "Message in a Bottle." I hope the information is of some help to you.I''ve struggled with this issue as well.I''m about 7-1/2 years away from retiring at age 55.If I make it, the company I work for will pay a large portion of my health care insurance each month.Time is a commodity that we can''t buy back though,and I continually try to come up with alternative solutions to get around the insurance problem,which would allow me to cruise earlier.A good friend once told me, "Poor folks,has poor ways." Well, I''m still looking for them! Good luck!

*** On a side note. I noticed your post had a reference to "Yankee" in it.In a previous post by me, I made an "off the cuff" remark about "Yankees" moving to NC.Maybe it''s just coincidental? Regardless, the thought occured to me that maybe my words couldn''ve offended someone,and if so,I''m truly sorry.While this is a great form of media to use,what is very hard to some times express in our words, is tone.Many of my best friends are from the northern states and we tease each other about many things.Please forgive me if I offended you, or anyone else.Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook