SailNet Community - View Single Post - Watermaker brine discharge question
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
The unit is only a year old, but was stored for that whole period, and I don't know if they pickled it correctly or not. The water produced is drinkable, just a slight mildewy taste left over from the tank and as I am away from water sources I haven't gone the way of cleaning out the tanks as that would entail emptying them and I don't want to do that yet, thus the Brita. The unit is still ejecting black water and I will try the backflush charcoal filter next to look for leaks, but as the black water is produced during the pressure and not during the cleaning phase I am not sure if that is the source of the problem.

I will check out the membrane itself, but the pressures and product flows that I see are within the tolerances shown in the manual.

Thanks for the link to the manufacturer's forum - I'll post there are as well and report back any findings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook