SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cal 20 in Vancouver, BC
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009

serah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to serah
Cal 20 in Vancouver, BC

So the boat buying process is in full swing. We've secured moorage (joy of joys!) at Lynnwood Marina. We've decided to go for something a bit smaller than we'd originally thought, and he's leaning pretty hard on a Cal 20, especially as there's one that looks like she's been well maintained in North Vancouver for $1900. He needs the space, as he bought another boat. We took a look at her the other night, but it was dark, and despite a high powered light, there are a few more things we'd like to check out. The current owner is being kind enough to let us take her out tomorrow morning and she how she is in the water. We couldn't take a look at the sails or a good look at the electrical, which we'll do tomorrow. Apart from that she seems seaworthy - he's done a lot of work/replacement.

Any thoughts on these boats? Is this a reasonable price? Anything we should be particularly attentive to on our sea trial?

Thanks so much!