SailNet Community - View Single Post - Health Insurance Question
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
Health Insurance Question

Pi, I noticed this thread and it coincides with me recently getting an email from friends who are now out cruising after retiring - early - without health coverage. He''s still riding on COBRA but will soon need to acquire their own package. He was commenting about how many choices there are these days, and how affordable they were. Since they spend part of each year back in their home in Tampa Bay, I know he was referring to world-wide coverage that would be of value inside the USA. I told him at the time (only two weeks ago! I''m a prophet...) that there would be others who would benefit by his research.

It turns out that their last two weeks have been spent watching Ivan march right over the top of their boat (at the S end of Grenada), then flying down to Trinidad to hitch a sailboat ride back up to Grenada (the only way in/out at the time), rescue their boat (one of the 20% of boats, his estimate, to survive with only minor or no damage) and move it back down to Chag Bay outside POS. So...he''s been pretty busy. But I''ll bump him again and ask him if he''s got the results of his research ''with him'' (parked in his laptop somewhere, I suspect) and can find the time to share them here or in some neutral corner of the Web.

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook