SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where are all the Texas Padre Island Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Oops - my bad, Lost. I actually meant Corpus! We have some friends that have a house in Rockport and we're currently looking for a cruiser to keep in the area so we can all tagteam vacations/cruises. CC actually looked like the best area.
As for the 4 reasons you just mentioned - I'm sold! What are some of the better marinas in the area? We're looking at the 41' range (Irwin CC, etc.) and would like a place that's convenient for haul-out, etc.
SmackD, I know this is an old post - but, I 've never paged down the list of topics this far - but, then I've only been on SailNet since 2002 - a relative newbie ;-)
However, the absolute best marina in the Corpus area is Bahia Marina in Ingleside on the Bay - just off the ship channel by the Naval Station. Easy access to the bay and about 45 minutes or so from the Gulf. Bahia Marina & Docks Store - Ingleside, TX- Home Page
You can also join the Naval club, almost next door, and have breakfast for $3.
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.

Last edited by johnshasteen; 03-28-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook