SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cockpit table material?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009
Break, curse, fix, repeat

bwindrope is on a distinguished road
Building a cockpit table myself right now

Hi Faster, I'm doing this same project. Aeolus has some old instrument mounts on the pedestal guard ( I long ago discarded the instruments but kept the mounts just for this purpose) and I'm using those as the base to the Starboard table I'm designing. I'm using Starboard for all the usual reasons, and have had good luck with it in the past. My table will be removed when not in use and will not hinge at all. It will be about 21 X 24 with edge rails to prevent stuff sliding off. It will attach to these old instrument mounts with bolts and washers on top, and a flat piece of stainless underneath providing the clamping effect.

As soon as she is built I'll post picture on my blog. You can get partial Starboard pieces from Defender for cheap enough. I think my mounting situation is too specific to be of much help to others, but the materials choice was relevant so I thought I would pipe up. My table, at that size, doesn't weigh too much I don't think. I used 1/2 inch material. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook