SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat companies closing
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009

bb74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
When did J-Europe file or equal? The new J97 that I happen to like intially was to be built over there. This may put a monkey wrench in that boat. The Dehler34 was another..........maybe I should quit liking some of the newer boat models........
J-Europe filed in early January for bankruptcy protection - they won't go bust (in my view) but will be restructured (as per some of the local press).

I was asking them about the J97 as well which looks like a great boat but won't go anywhere until I know if they are capable of building it - and I don't want a bunch of disgruntled workers building a new design boat for me.... that being said over here you're looking at about 165K€ for the 97 fitted and that's about the price of a 2-3 year old J109 ready to race so I think there's something amiss with the pricing ranges anyway....

As for Dehler - they went bust in December - they had a JV with Elan that sunk them as they fitted out about 7 big hulls for Elan and unfortunately Elan couldn't pay for them when they were completed - fell like dominoes.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook