SailNet Community - View Single Post - ST60 Multi NMEA Interface
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004

dave8976 is on a distinguished road
ST60 Multi NMEA Interface

I am asking if anyone else has been successful in connecting a Horizon GPS chartplotter to a Raymarine ST60 Multi. The ST60 Multi has both Input and Output NMEA ports and should be able to send NMEA out based on the SeaTalk messages. I currently have the ST60 Multi connected to a Horizon GPS CP150 chart plotter. The ST60 Multi is able to display information from the GPS chart plotter. But the GPS chart plotter does not see any NMEA data from te ST60 Multi. Placing a digital scope on the ST60 Multi NMEA output port I cannot measure any digital signal. All of the software parameters in the ST60 Multi are set correctly with Alarm OFF and NMEA ON.. The unit is presently in at a Raymarine repair agent who has confirmed that no NMEA signal can be measured on his scope. He has also looked at a brand new ST60 Multi with the same results. Has anyone else come across this. I am suspecting that a product defect may exist with the ST60 Multi with the ability to generate proper NMEA data signal? Raymarine has not responded to my e-mails – poor customer service so far.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook