SailNet Community - View Single Post - Venture 17 restoration
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009

Joevacs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoleDeRacer View Post
Nice boat scott i still have the foam too. I still have the original bed pads too. lol I would be interested in the rigging Documents. Anyway update i have almost finished sanding the lower hull and am getting ready to prime it.
I got to crawl into the back yester day to to take of the motor mount ladder and rudder mount so i could sand it and well that is alot of fun. On deck i still have not decided how to sand the textuered areas so if anyone has any pointers please help. My only ideas were to either pressure was or maybe a foam sand block would get down in the bumps?

Why does alot of people have to rebuild the keel?
Getting to the back of the quarter berths is a real bugger. That's when a 13 year old helper is nice.
On the nonskid, if it's peeling, I would use Kutzit brand, paint remover. That's what I used on my hull. It had so many layers of paint I couldn't get it smooth. It works very well, you just have to be careful and not let it affect the gel coat. If you are careful, and use it on small areas at a time it will do fine. Make sure and wear a mask though, the fumes are dangerous.
The keel on mine had split and swelled up from intruding water. I think that is a common problem.
Macgregor, Venture 17 ,#998
Hickory, NC
Proud to be American !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook