SailNet Community - View Single Post - Danger Will Robinson - Danger!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgarry View Post
Coincidentally, I received a weekly email from MadMariner, showcasing a SmartPlug product which may address the problem. Could not find a price. SmartPlug Shore Power Connection | MadMariner.com
My dock neighbor is the inventor of that product. Saw it at the the trade show a few weeks back (didn't know it was my neighbors that invented it until then). Solid product and well thought out. The only drawback I see is the price and the fact it is basically worthless if the marinas shore power doesn't have their style receptacle. They do have an adapter plug for marina shore power to their system but in my opinion - kinda defeats the purpose. I regularly get reverse polarity when the shore power cable gets jiggled a bit as at my marina they do not have the type that allows the screw / secure thing...However nice product and the design is solid - just with the economy as it is - I think it maybe one of those inventions or "new" ideas that never make it mainstream.

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook