SailNet Community - View Single Post - Irwin 34 1982
Thread: Irwin 34 1982
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
surfnrg,
I'm not really thinking of buying the I-34, although I have toyed with the idea of selling my O-30 and my house to get a larger boat. If I ever decided to live aboard.
I like to think my Oday is in good condition. the survey I had when I bought the boat comfirms it's a good boat. there were of course many small things that needed attention, (still a few more too) Last spring we stripped the bottom and gave her a barrier coat of 2000E. Last winter we replaced the cutlass bearing, installed a PSS shaft seal, this past summer new water heater. I also had the dodger repaired and I restitched the Bimini, The universal 5416 runs great, it was replaced by the PO but there is no way to prove it other then it's painted white and there was no over spray in the engine compartment. Also made new ash tops for the saloon and nav tables. All the exterior teak was stained by me and varnished and needs attention again. sails are OK but I'd love to get new sails someday. I
she did come with a spinnaker and pole but I've never tried using them. There are a couple of soft spots on the coach roof and I plan to install hatches for more light in the same spots someday.
That I 34 would be nice, but not for me. I'd like a beamer boat if i were to live aboard.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook