SailNet Community - View Single Post - Swiftsure 24?
Thread: Swiftsure 24?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009

serah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to serah
Swiftsure 24?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are in the process of hunting for a "vintage" racer/cruiser. We've stumbled upon what seems to be a jem of a little boat - a 1974 Swiftsure 24 in Victoria BC for only $2000. Details are on another thread here (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/buying...uver-bc-2.html) - my apologies for the double posting - just wanted to see if anyone who wouldn't be sucked into looking at a thread on Cals knew anything about a Swiftsure 24)

We've looked at a bunch of others in this general range - mostly Cal 20s and 25s, a few San Juans, Ericsons and Kirbys. For the price this is a great little project boat, and far "more boat" than others in the range. We've gone over her with a pretty fine toothed comb, and are thrilled with what we see. We may have a surveyer come take a peek at her next week.

However, I can't seem to find ANYTHING on these boats. Her PHRF rating according to ussailing.org is 231. Not particularly zippy, but in the same range as a similarly sized C&C, Catalina or Hunter.

Does anyone know who built these? I'm finding quite a few things on the Swiftsure 33s built by Rhodes, but not a mention of the 24s. And finally - when all your online digging has pulled up nothing, is there somewhere you can go for this sort of information? Someone must have come across one of these in their wanderings...