SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can anyone help a New Boat Owner ona custom Ketch?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004

sailinginruskin is on a distinguished road
Can anyone help a New Boat Owner ona custom Ketch?

Basically I''m a 23 Year Old female who has sailed a lil bit and enjoyed every minute of it. I have purchased a Run Down Boat in need of repair. Basically my ? is with the Pic enclosed would one be able to sail her to key west from the Tampa area or maybe even the bahamas if leaving off the east coast? I realize that it is pretty much based on experience and comfort level, but it never hurt to get someones opinon. As for the repairs my Husband is has a signifact amount of wood and fiberglass knowledge and will be able to repair it to sea worthiness (He dosen''t know I go it yet, but for a 100$ I don''t think he''ll complain too much)... Basicaly any recomendations on what we should do when we repair it to make her a better setup and the limitations you guys would reccomend on how far to sail here. I relaize that the pic really isn''t enough Information to base anything buut any opinons would be great.

http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/1347031/75281578_1.jpg
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook