SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cal 20 in Vancouver, BC
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009

serah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to serah
And yes, we've looked at FCHA, Seycove, Seymour and Deep Cove Marinas. All have waiting lists. I think my name may now be on... oh 20 waiting lists in the area! And yes, once we've figured out what the plan is, I'll call them back and remove my name.

Another question - Does anyone have any experience towing a dinghy with a similar sized boat? If we're doing coastal cruising, a tender would be nice. I have what I called a Galleon 9 (erps has a similar boat, though for the life of me I cannot remember what he called it) It's a relatively heavy fibreglass 9-foot rowing shell/sailing dinghy. She rows much better than she sails, as she doesn't have a planing hull. Anyway, she's heavy, but is quite good about just skiming along the water when towed. Am I insane for considering hauling her behind us? How much would that slow us down? A knot? Two? There's nowhere to stow her on deck. The mental image of towing a boat more than a 1/3 the length of the mother ship is rather silly... How big is too big? Then again, we're certainly not doing this for looks It's likely that we'll have a pup along with us on occasion, and will need shore access.