SailNet Community - View Single Post - NEWCOMERS-To Get More Out of Sailnet
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldee View Post
I know I am being a bit thick but have searched for the answer to these questions and cannot find them.
What is this rep power business?
What are the green squares underneath?
I am trying to get my husband to participate in the forum,he still thinks computers are a passing fad.Is it ok if we use the same login"Keldee" as that is the name of our boat and then each sign our name at the end of a post?
Ta very much
Ellinor
The search feature here at Sailnet leaves a little to be desired. Many of us use a google search to find what we need here on sailnet, sounds silly I know but it works.

The rep (reputation) power and green squares seem to be discussed on a fairly regular basis around here. Here's the deal in a nutshell: The rep power number is the product of a mysterious mathematical calculation that involves the amount of time you've been a member on the board, number of posts, and rep points given by other members approving of your posts. The little balance scale at the top right of each post is where you can give rep points to someone for a good post. Rep points are given at the rate of your rep power. Since you have a rep power of 0, you can give someone rep but it won't add to their rep points. The little green squares are simply a meter showing how fast rep points are being accumulated in relation to some other unknown standard. There, that should be clear as mud.

Most people here who have a spouse who also participates get a second screen name for their spouse. It's just nice to know who you are talking to without looking for the name at the bottom, especially if someone forgets to sign it.

BTW, welcome to to Sailnet, and don't mind Poopy - he always has a crappy day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook