SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can anyone help a New Boat Owner ona custom Ketch?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004

Sasha_V will become famous soon enough
Can anyone help a New Boat Owner ona custom Ketch?

I thought I was going to be able to contribute somthing to this discussion, but I am just rendered speechless by the photo.

This truly is no longer a boat...it is only in the broadest definition a boat-shaped-object. Do not waste a cent on it. If you have not signed transfer of ownership papers then just inform the seller that you have changed your mind and that it is still "his problem". Say farewell to the $100.

Strangely enough, there is one place where this "boat" may be able to go and not cost money to dispose of. Find a sea-food resturaunt that has a front lawn area that needs a themed ornament. This thing is peculiar enough and has the "ye-olde-rigging" to make an excellent display half-buried in a lawn.

That and landfill are its only potential future.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any other photos to post. Morbid curiosity has caused me to save this one for future reference (I am giving a talk on boat maintenance and restoration to the Endeavour Club''s new owners group later this year. I think I want to use this as a slide)

Sasha
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook