SailNet Community - View Single Post - A Sailors Sunday Meditation
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
A Sailors Sunday Meditation

For those who prefer not to take part, please skip this. For those who do, get ready for the good stuff.

Psalm 8:1-9
Please note it''s difficult to get to v8 without going through 1-7. Why is this?
Prospective. It all flows together. Mysteries, the more you meditate, the more you dwell there the easier it is to get to Mark 4:35 which says in effect "And He says to them on that day, evening having come, Let us go over to the other side. And having dismissed the crowd, they take Him under their care just as He was, in the boat, and there were other boats with Him. And there arises a GREAT WINDSTORM OF HURRICANE PROPORTIONS, and the waves kept on beating into the boat, so that it already was being filled. (yeah they were sinking) And He himself was in the stern of the boat, sleeping on the leather cushion. (I prefer leather too) And they arouse Him from sleep and say to Him, Teacher, is it not a concern to you that we are perishing? (pause a moment and think about this) And having awakened, He rebuked the wind and said to the sea, Be getting calm: hush up and stay that way. (Here is a clue on what to say to storms when they come, and I don''t think he was whispering either. I think He spoke with expectant authority like you better) And the wind ceased its raging, and there was a great calm. And He said to them, Why are you such timid , fearful ones: How is it that you do not have faith? And they feared with great fear, and were saying to one another , Who then is this person, that even the wind and the sea obey him?"
taken from Kenneth Wuest New testament expanded translation, but I have found that the amplified is similar.

So why do I persist in telling you this? Do I go seeking storms to make a display of power? God forbid! I tell you this because I care about you, Storms come that is for certain. You have to be educated in how to handle them both in sailing storm tactics, and in this way.

I think He put this in the Bible to teach us how to handle storms because He loves us.
And I love you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook