SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pacific Seacraft
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
John,

I agree totally about canoe sterns in smaller boats. Interestingly, the W32/Mariah/Baba all seem to carry a wide beam back very close to the very broad canoe stern. Conversely, I think that some of the newer Crealock PSC double-enders seem a bit smallish comparatively. For instance, I find that the PSC 34/37 don't feel roomy enough for their respective LOA's when coming aboard from a W32 or Mariah.

I have not been aboard a Valiant 32 yet. They seem to be quite rare, with only one or two on the market at any given time and none close to me yet. But I don't doubt your take on the cramped cabin given the very dark wood (mahogany?) and smallish portlights.

Something about the Baba calls to me, but then again it is in fact the smallest of the four and feels it in the cabin/cockpit. I'm sure it would be fantastic for just my wife and I but I tend to think it would feel cramped with two kids aboard. Now if I can find a Baba 35 in my price range...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook