SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pacific Seacraft
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaltersmi View Post
...Something about the Baba calls to me, but then again it is in fact the smallest of the four and feels it in the cabin/cockpit. I'm sure it would be fantastic for just my wife and I but I tend to think it would feel cramped with two kids aboard. Now if I can find a Baba 35 in my price range...
Whatever you end up with, make sure it at least has a single quarter berth. When we compared the V32 and the Dana, we chose the Dana because it seemed to have everything the V32 offered (less the nav station) in a smaller package that felt roomier. At the time, our 3 kids were tiny, so a q-berth wasn't critical. But as they grew it became a necessity, hence we bumped up to the PSC 31, with the comfy double q-berth.

Also, I agree somewhat with your comments on the size of the PSC 34/37 compared to Westsail 32 and Mariah 31, but the latter boats usually lack the essential q-berths (I have seen some non-factory versions with q-berths, but very rarely). And I think you would find that the improved sailing performance of the Crealock designs would be hard to pass-up.

The search is half the fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook