SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any C&C 30 MkII owners out there ???
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009

MartyandMae is on a distinguished road
I have an 89 C&C Mk. II

New to this forum and learning my way around. We purchased a C&C Mk. II two years ago and have a wonderful time sailing it. It has taken us up the coast of British Columbia to where we live in Prince Rupert. The sailing here is amazing and our boat is everything we want it for when it comes to sailing. However, we have had to replace 3 starter motors so far and the last one has just started to act up. We have replaced everything else from switches to batteries and leads. We start the engine as directed and about half the time everything works as it should, then when it is really needed, the starter solenoid will engage, but not the gearing or the gear will engage but there is not enough umph in the starter to turn the engine. The decompression switches work fine and we have no issues with the engine itself.
In reading other forums, I have not had any answers and I have followed all advice given, but I am getting a bit frustrated. If anyone else can suggest something, I would appreciate it. (Thanks in advance.)
Other than that - the C&C 30 Mk. II has been one of the most fun boats I have ever sailed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook