SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Creekmore owners?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009

CreekmoreJohn is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't posted the minimum number of public posts to qualify for the private post yet.

There are two dorades, one over the head and one over the table. I interpret that Magic had the main sheet system aft of the cockpit at some point. The boom is the older boom round shape that permitted reefing by rolling the boom. There appears to be a gear system at the forward end with a lug available for a winch handle and the aft end has a ring around the boom on which the main sheet would have been attached. The topping lift is attached there. I have installed aa jiffy - slab reefing system for the first reef point. I could also see Magic actually having been a yawl at some point. Magic is not a real cutter rigged boat. We call the inner forestay a "baby stay" and have a very heavy storm sail for that stay. We rig the storm sail as a second foresail at times. With the boom at approximately 17 feet in length, Magic does develop weather helm rather quickly. The picture of Magic sailing shows her reefed with a small working jib. The sail arrangement is fairly balanced. I purchased a large (maybe 150) genoa through Atlantic Sail Traders and in light to moderate winds with the mail fully deployed, Maic is again well balanced and sails great. With that much sail up, other folks on the lake really take notice and comment often how beautiful and classic Magic looks. As is the case with most folks, we have lots more pictures of other boats than we do of our own. I have many pictures of our efforts at refurbishing Magic. My sons helped greatly. I'll package up some and post them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook