SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Creekmore owners?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009

Scoopy is on a distinguished road
Creekmore 36s

J24Mark: Thank you for the answers to my questions and for the invitation to ask some more.

The most curious piece of information is the fact that your Creekmore 36 does not have a centerboard. Mine does. I should think this is a major design change. The centerboard slot would have to have been formed when the keel shell was filled with ballast. The centerboard would change the location of the center of resistance and this with the size and location of the sail plan would affect helm balance. Maybe some others with additional knowledge of the Creekmores can help us.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my boat measures nearly 37 feet overall and 10 feet on the beam, a little larger than your Dad's 36. From the photos, the hulls look remarkably similar.

The aft part of our cabin house is raised and two small windows have been placed in forward-facing slope. The companionway is not on center, but rather to starboard. This allows the dinette to be port. The dinette can be made up in a double berth, although one person sleeps mostly under the side deck.

I will work on the photos tomorrow.

Thanks very much. Scoopy

I will find some photos to exchange with you. I will have to figure out how to attach them to messages in this thread.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook