SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help Fitting Bunks/Settees
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009

RichP is on a distinguished road
Help Fitting Bunks/Settees

Hi there!
As part of my rebuild of my boat i got rid of the glassed in bunks and intend to fit new glassed in plywood bunks.

I'm looking for some advice for the best way to do this as i've spent ages thinking of ways to do it, and then rejecting them etc!
The datum i am working from is the mast compression post (pictured), the berth is an L shaped one at the bulkhead end and it extends all the way back to the aft bulkhead forming a quarterberth as well.
Ideally i would like it to fit over the stringers and then be glassed into the bilge in order to keep the lockers dry and also stiffen the hull some.

I can't make the whole side in one piece as its longer than 8', has anyone got any thoughts on the best way to go about it? (I'm filling in the holes in the bulkhead)
I intend to fix some 2x1 to the bulkheads at the height of the bunk tops to give them something to rest on at each end but i won't say my plans after that as i'd like to hear peoples un-influenced opinions!

Any help greatly appreciated thanks!
Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook