SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 22 mast light disconnect question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
You will need to drill for the new female deck fiting, and bed it in. you will have to run your wiring to this location. the easiest route will be under the settee and come up beside the compression post. If your mas is down, it would be easy to remove your compression post and have a hole bored through the center and hide your wiring that way. Make sure to disconnect and remove as much of the wiring from the old setup. I would remove the old deck fitting and fill and seal off against leaks. Home improvement stores have long drill bits in their electrical departments which you could use to bore the hole through the teak compression post. I would come out on the opposite side of the deck that the original was placed, it is easier drilling a NEW hole than trying to mix match and repair the original location IMHO.

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook